Jonathon F. Giebeler
Jonathon Giebeler, CCIM, is a commercial real estate lawyer representing clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, with particular emphasis on the leasing, financing and purchasing and selling of office, retail and industrial properties. His clients include commercial property owners, tenants, lenders and asset managers of all types, including regional and national developers and investors, trustees, commercial banks, hospitality companies, restaurant operators and university and affiliated auxiliary organizations.
Mr. Giebeler regularly writes on topics related to commercial real estate, with articles published in the San Diego Business Journal, Western Real Estate Business magazine and GlobeSt.com. He also maintains a blog on commercial leasing law and related topics, Leasing Law Resource at www.leasinglawresource.com.
Mr. Giebeler’s practice includes representing:
- Landlords in numerous office and industrial leases across all property types, including single-tenant, multi-tenant and mixed-use projects.
- Landlords in numerous retail leases across all property types, including single-tenant and mixed-use projects, and shopping centers with national and regional retail tenants such as Starbucks, Peet’s Coffee, Coffee Bean, Chipotle, Subway, Burger King, Habit Burger, Oggi’s Pizza & Brewing Company, Denny’s, Eureka! Restaurants, El Pollo Loco, Jamba Juice, Freebirds, Smashburger, Flame Broiler, Jersey Mike’s, Chronic Tacos, Which Wich, Chase Bank, Capital Bank, Banfield Pet Hospital and many others.
- Office tenants in leases of all sizes, ranging from small suites to multiple floors, across all property types.
- Retail tenants, particularly restaurant operators, in leases across all property types, including regional and super-regional malls.
- Commercial banks in numerous real estate secured transactions including permanent loans, construction loans and credit facilities secured by all manner of real property, including ground leases, retail, office, industrial, mixed-use and hospitality properties.
- Borrowers, particularly hospitality and major non-profit clients, in secured finance transactions, including bond financing, CMBS loans and loans secured by portfolios of properties in multiple states.
- Owners and developers in construction, management and related agreements for the ground-up construction of retail, restaurant and major tenant improvement projects.
Mr. Giebeler’s professional involvement includes:
- CCIM Institute, San Diego Chapter, Board Member (2015-Present), President-elect (2016), President (2017).
- CCIM San Diego is an affiliate of the national CCIM Institute and provides real estate owners, managers, brokers and lenders with a distinct industry advantage through education and networking programs that promote the highest levels of excellence, competency and collaboration.
- Rebuilding Together San Diego, Board Member (2011-2017).
- Rebuilding Together San Diego works to support the organization’s mission which in partnerships with volunteers, donors and organizations to revitalize homes and neighborhoods for low-income homeowners and communities in need, especially the elderly, disabled and families throughout San Diego.
- NAIOP, San Diego Chapter, Developing Leaders (2013-2015)
- CCIM Institute, Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation
- Construction Specifications Institute, Construction Documents Technologist (CDT) certification (inactive)
- American Bar Association, Member
- Real Property and Business Law Sections of the State Bar of California, Member